PDA

View Full Version : Brackish pond?

Jeddi
06-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I was just thinking about it today, and if anyone has ever done it? It's too cold where I live but I think it would be neat for someone who lives farther down south-- I'd love a pond full of archerfish, puffers, or many other things. :P

korweabo0
06-08-2010, 04:10 AM
i would love to have one. but i live in the east coast so it gets rather cold here. :(

Jeddi
06-08-2010, 08:17 PM
i would love to have one. but i live in the east coast so it gets rather cold here. :(
Same. The only problem, I think, would be being able to keep the salinity levels in check.

smaug
06-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Im late on this thread but its a cool idea.The trouble would be keeping the temps correct even if you were far south.The salinity wouldnt be an issue at all because its a trapped environment.Salt doesnt evaporate so as long as the water level is kept constant it would be fine.BW fish are very adaptive to varying salinity anyway due to there natural environs being highly variable place[tide water,river inlets,salt marsh].Where a bw pond could really work would be an indoor heated pond,how cool would that be to have a school of archers picking off stuff while you watched TV.