PDA

View Full Version : Iran Reds

mac
06-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Just had a sudden death. And I mean sudden. makes no sense. Water params are great nothing has ever changed. None of the tank mates are bother anything in the tank.

The only thing I have noticed is that the 2 of the reds out of the 4 have been fighting chasing and flaring fins, and glowing very bright red. While the other two more purple. Only 4 that was all the shop had. And he only gets them once a year.

Anyway tonight the 2 were alive before the light went off. About 1hr latter the I say the Loaches eating something. So I check and it once on of the Rainbows fighting.

Any thoughts?

mac

Lady Hobbs
06-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Are you saying another died after the lights went off and the loaches were picking at it? It could be that these fish, being the only ones affected, had something wrong with them when purchased. A bacterial infection or something? That happened to me when I bought some turquoise last year.

Many shops will special order for you and I would ask this guy if he can order you some more. How does he replace lost fish if he only gets them one time a year?

domjd05
06-07-2010, 08:41 PM
every rainbow death I've ever had has been completely random with no signs of illness come to think of it... I've only lost boesmanis, years ago, none since.

mac
06-08-2010, 03:42 AM
He only replaces them if they have die in the first few months, and that is with shop credit. NZ is a bit hard to get things than other places.

Just dose not make sense. Ohh well. Hope it stops and dose not spread to any more. 1 $18.00 fish is enough at the moment.

domjd05
06-08-2010, 05:04 PM
thats what I paid for my iran red... how large is yours?

mac
06-09-2010, 04:32 AM
Mine are now about 4 inches long from head to tip of tail and the heads are getting stunted if that is how you say it.

mac