PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Plec's nostril bubble

Juannie
05-30-2007, 05:06 AM

Well fingers x someone can help me with this, they're not the clearest pics but hopefully....if you look at the pic on his nostril, at the very end thre's alittle black bubble, does anyone know what this could be?

Drumachine09
05-30-2007, 05:07 AM
Hmmm thats an odd pic. I dont know what to make of it. Did he injure himself and thats just his way of healing?

Juannie
05-30-2007, 05:16 AM
No injury that I know of, it was sudden, one day he had a pink bubble coming out of his nostril now it's black and actually hanging out. It's rather weird. He's feeding ok and really active so I guess I'll just keep an eye on him.

Lady Hobbs
05-30-2007, 05:54 AM
You know, Juannie, that looks strangely familar to the bubble thing my angelfish had for months coming from her gill. It never got larger or smaller.....just stayed the same but wouldn't go away. Then over night here come a bubble from her other gill.

I got to thinking that they claim aquarium salt helps with gill function so I added salt to the tank and I'll be D_______ but both bubbles were totally gone in two days time and have not come back. That first bubble was there for months, too.

I can't explain it. I wonder if your pleco could have a tiny stone stuck in there? Sure is strange.

Here's a pic of what my angel had. Looks like a zit here but started as a bubble looking thingie.

gm72
05-31-2007, 01:44 AM
Odd. I'm thinking along the same lines as Drum, maybe an injury that is healing. No injury that you know of, but none of us watch our fish 24/7, so maybe something happened while you were away/asleep/whatever? Please keep us posted, interesting.

Juannie
06-01-2007, 12:32 AM
It's rather odd because the only thing in the tank for him to injure himself on is either his log or the end of the filter, other than that there's nothing in there because him and Mr O destroy everything. I'll definitely keep an eye on it and keep you informed - very weird.

gm72
06-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Maybe he got into a tussle with the oscar?

Juannie
06-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Maybe he got into a tussle with the oscar?

He doesn't tolerate being pushed around by Mr O, I know when he has he's usually gone a little pink on his fins where it looks worn but nowhere around his nostril - I just can't figure out the bubble part hanging out of it.

Juannie
06-26-2007, 06:24 AM
Well thanks for all your advice, the bubble has gone and Mr P is fine and dandy, thanks for all your assistance.thumbs2:

Lady Hobbs
06-26-2007, 08:15 AM
That was sure odd. Did you do anything different to get rid of it or did nature just run it's course.

Juannie
06-29-2007, 02:04 AM
I added epsom salts to the tank and just left it to heal, it happened overnight so was rather odd. I've been checking him and nothing has come back.

Very very peculiar.

finest
07-05-2007, 11:58 AM

Well fingers x someone can help me with this, they're not the clearest pics but hopefully....if you look at the pic on his nostril, at the very end thre's alittle black bubble, does anyone know what this could be?

That’s normal...