PDA

View Full Version : Weird acting praecox rainbows

Lady Hobbs
06-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Today I got 2 F and 2 M but these guys are unlike any bows I've had before. They have hid at the waters surface in the tall plants all day long, You'd think with all the activity in the tank that they'd be less shy. My others sure weren't shy when I added them. They were immediately out and about.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see how they act in a few days but right now I'm not all that excited about them.

rich311k
06-04-2010, 01:57 AM
That is what mine do. Pretty but elusive.

EmmanuelJB
06-04-2010, 01:57 AM
Could they be sick? It definalty seems unlike rainbows, to be inactive. Mine have always got used to the tank VERY quickly... Anyway, I hope everything turns out ok!

Lady Hobbs
06-04-2010, 01:59 AM
That is what mine do. Pretty but elusive.

Are you kidding me? Had I known that, I would have saved myself $26.

rich311k
06-04-2010, 02:15 AM
Are you kidding me? Had I known that, I would have saved myself $26.

I wish I was, I see them flitting about but not like my other rainbows.

Garrett
06-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I have a school of seven, and they're pretty out and about active. On the other hand, they're pretty much the biggest guys in the tank, only the betta and the gourami even make it a race. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Lady Hobbs
06-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Could be. I only got 4 because I was going to spawn them but with them being so timid and hiding in the plants perhaps I won't. I may move them to another tank with other small fish so they aren't so intiminated.

Garrett
06-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Maybe they'll settle down a bit as things progress? I actually started with eight, I had been aiming for six but I didn't want to leave the last two in the tank. One was lost literally the first night in-I never found the body, it must've been devoured overnight. Since then, the remaining seven have settled in really well. What size are the other fish in the tank? Maybe some sort of smaller dither fish will calm them down, cherry barbs or something like that?