PDA

View Full Version : Hola!

Bourbon
06-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone. I'm Stephen, 37 years of living experience, and recent home provider to needy fish. I've enjoyed eating them for years now, so I thought maybe it was time to give a little something back and start up an aquarium.

My only experience is a 5 gallon I bought for my daughter several months ago, and a more recent 10 gallon. Cardinal Tetra's are the only fish I've had so far. I moved them from the 5 gal to the 10 gal a couple of weeks ago because they seemed cramped (six of them, so I was breaking the rule anyway). I look forward to learning as much as I can from existing threads and articles, then calling on you guys if I come across some advice I need that I can't pry from the wealth of information that's out there already.

Once I've mastered the 10 gallon I plan to move on to a bigger tank. I let this one cycle for a month until it tested right, so I don't mind waiting. I was tempted to buy a 20 gallon, but my fear of killing fish kept me from it. Hopefully it won't be long before I feel comfortable enough to move on to the bigger tanks (from what I've read, bigger tanks may be easier to keep anyway). Right now may main goal is keeping the tetra's healthy and happy. In the meantime I'll be reading as much as possible to keep my tank in order. See everyone online.

gadget228
06-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the AC... :22:

tanks4thememories
06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Hello everyone. I'm Stephen, 37 years of living experience, and recent home provider to needy fish. I've enjoyed eating them for years now, so I thought maybe it was time to give a little something back and start up an aquarium.

My only experience is a 5 gallon I bought for my daughter several months ago, and a more recent 10 gallon. Cardinal Tetra's are the only fish I've had so far. I moved them from the 5 gal to the 10 gal a couple of weeks ago because they seemed cramped (six of them, so I was breaking the rule anyway). I look forward to learning as much as I can from existing threads and articles, then calling on you guys if I come across some advice I need that I can't pry from the wealth of information that's out there already.

Once I've mastered the 10 gallon I plan to move on to a bigger tank. I let this one cycle for a month until it tested right, so I don't mind waiting. I was tempted to buy a 20 gallon, but my fear of killing fish kept me from it. Hopefully it won't be long before I feel comfortable enough to move on to the bigger tanks (from what I've read, bigger tanks may be easier to keep anyway). Right now may main goal is keeping the tetra's healthy and happy. In the meantime I'll be reading as much as possible to keep my tank in order. See everyone online.

Hola and welcome to AC!! I love the part about eating fish and giving back...rotfl!!!

About not getting a larger tank for fear of killing fish. Here is a tip. The more water you have the easier it is to keep fish. So a lot of people think they are starting off small and learning the ropes , And actually you are because you are doing the hardest part and when it comes to a bigger tank it is a lot easier...lol. Only thing I recommend is asking yourself if you are sure you want to get into the hobby full swing and if the answer to that is yes then when it comes to this hobby "Bigger is better".

Good luck and welcome aboard!!thumbs2:

Bristley
06-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the AC, glad to have you aboard.

Cliff
06-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the forum

rich311k
06-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Welcome to AC!

Bourbon
06-03-2010, 05:33 PM
About not getting a larger tank for fear of killing fish. Here is a tip. The more water you have the easier it is to keep fish. So a lot of people think they are starting off small and learning the ropes , And actually you are because you are doing the hardest part and when it comes to a bigger tank it is a lot easier.Yeah, of course I find that out AFTER I'd already gotten going on the 10 gal.
Only thing I recommend is asking yourself if you are sure you want to get into the hobby full swing and if the answer to that is yes then when it comes to this hobby "Bigger is better".I don't know how to do anything half-assed, so it's all or nothing. I get an extreme amount of joy and satisfaction from taking care of them and their environment, so I only see me getting more committed to it from here on out. My parents always had both fresh and salt water aquariums, so I actually feel more at home with fish around the house now.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Northernguy
06-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the Fabulous AC!:22:

EmmanuelJB
06-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Welcome to Aquatic Community! :welcomeconfetti:

dynara
06-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Hello and welsome to the AC!

MrRobarto
06-04-2010, 08:36 PM