PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with B. rutilans

Sasquatch
06-03-2010, 12:07 PM
They got some Betta rutilans down at the local fish store and before jumping in and buying some, we'd like to get some more info about them.

We know that they're smaller than B. splendens, but were also told that they were a community fish and much more peaceful. Would it be possible to keep them with some galaxy rasboras? Cherry/ghost shrimp?

rich311k
06-03-2010, 01:25 PM
That should be fine, they like soft water with little current in the mid 70s. Pretty fish good luck with them if you decide to give them a try.

Sasquatch
06-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Well, we picked them up today. We finished the QT on some other fish and since the QT was already full of water and cycled ... what the heck!

We bought the last three. Don't know if they sold others, but we know some of them had died from the original 6. They're really pale, but otherwise look healthy. We'll see how they eat tomorow, but they're sure to get a regular diet of cyclops, BBS and micro pellets from now on.

We'll keep you posted, whatever happens.

DragonGoby
06-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Update on the little rutilans:

for the moment, they're still pale... I've seen them eat and they're hiding most of the time... I've not seem the third one yesterday. I will try to find him tonight...
When they're not hiding, they're active, I've seen them swimming all around the tank.

So, for the moment, they seem to do well...

Finger cross!:ssmile:

Sasquatch
06-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Another update. We've had them for 10 days and all three look healthy. They've colored up a bit and they have nice round bellies. The blue in the eyes is really shinning too.

They're eating well, a mix of pellets, baby brine shrimp and cyclops. Another 30 days in QT and we'll have a nice tank waiting for them.

rich311k
06-15-2010, 12:23 AM
I am glad to hear they are doing well.

Red
06-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Pictures soon, glad there doing good.