PDA

View Full Version : Lololololo

Lady Hobbs
05-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Apparently the guy I bought all the dead plants from on Ebay saw my negative feedback so he thought he'd be nice to me and make up for it by sending me some more dead ones.

:hmm3grin2orange:

I mean, these are mush and look at the one on the upper left. See why I never asked for replacements.

Drumachine09
05-29-2007, 04:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Send him a dead horse.

coachfraley
05-29-2007, 04:56 PM
That is brutal!!!!

NeonJulie
05-29-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm betting they weren't dead when he sent them... sounds like he has some problems with shipping though. Two bad batches... better customer service might have been a refund.

But I doubt he sent dead plants as some type of message for the bad feedback. I think he was really to make it up to you. I hope he finds out whatever is going wrong with his packing and shipping.

Lady Hobbs
05-29-2007, 05:26 PM
I can see what the problem is easily. He has some of his batches pre-packed and waiting around for orders for them. Plants that are smashed together like that in a plastic bag too long naturally will rot. There is no way that totally rotten plant got that way in 3 days since he shipped them. The inside of the other two bunches are the same.

To replace dead plants with more dead plants is not the way to do things.

However, I did find a handy-dandy way to separate these tight bunches of small plants. I put the whole mess in a styrofoam bucket with some water, swished them around and they all separated nicely without getting torn apart. I have left the whole mess sitting outside in the sun. If they make it and a few grow some roots, great.

These little guys have got to be a PITA to plant. They are like planting a hair. LOL If some do make it, I think I will use the plant plugs for these.

Lady Hobbs
05-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Something else I wanted to mention and just remembered.

I purchased Acorus Varigatus from this same guy. Only plants I have gotten from him that really looked good but now that it's time to plant them I've having a problem. I'm reading they are not a true tank plant but a bog plant. If you want them in your tank, they must be planted so that part of them sticks out of the top of the water. In other words, I have to put them in a pot, stack it on some rocks or something so the top is out of the tank. When they grow large enough on their own, I can add them to the tank.

Do any of you have this plant?

cocoa_pleco
05-29-2007, 08:15 PM
i have that plant. It's pretty cool, except someone in the tank likes to take a nibble every while on it

Incredulous_Ed
05-29-2007, 09:22 PM
What a rip off.

crackatinny
05-30-2007, 12:03 AM
With all the trouble you have been having with planted tanks, perhaps he reads this forum and thought he would save you some time by prekilling the plants LOL.

Rue
05-30-2007, 12:45 AM
That's too bad...

...it's nice that he tried to make up for the first shipment though...

xoolooxunny
05-30-2007, 03:14 AM
With all the trouble you have been having with planted tanks, perhaps he reads this forum and thought he would save you some time by prekilling the plants LOL.

too funny crack, dont tease the poor lady!:ezpi_wink1:

Drumachine09
05-30-2007, 03:48 AM
It almost wonders, is that guys cheap prices worth it? I would go with chronas supplyer, the plantedtank.net forum RAOK place.

Chrona
05-30-2007, 03:50 AM
Most of it isn't RAOK, but yes, it and:

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/sale-trade/

are probably the best places to get plants imo. (And cherry shrimp)

Lady Hobbs
05-30-2007, 05:07 AM

LOLOLOL You are too funny!