PDA

View Full Version : pictures

jessie
05-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Here is my 72 gallon bowfront mbuna cichlid tank. Most of them have reached their adult size. Some of them are really starting to show good coloring. I think I finally have the setup the way I want it. :)

Ok, I edited this thing down a bit. Here it goes....

Drumachine09
05-29-2007, 02:45 AM
Hey, to make it easier for all of our members to see the pics, it would help if you used thumbnails instead of fullsized pics.

Lets see here. Yellow labs, m/f kenyis, red zebras, if im correct. Looks good.

I dont know what the blue fish with yellow/orange finnages is though. Are they peacocks?

jessie
05-29-2007, 02:47 AM
The other blue ones are Aceis. I will see if I can resize them. I had some issues trying to figure out how to get them on here. I can probably go back to photo bucket and try to size them as thumbnails?

cocoa_pleco
05-29-2007, 02:50 AM
i think photobucket allows thumbnails.

Man, thats a nice blend of rocks and plants!

jessie
05-29-2007, 02:54 AM
Thanks! I wasn't sure how the plants would work out in an African setup, but I was getting bored with a tank just full of rocks.

Ok, to resize them, do I have to change the image in photo bucket first, then repost it here, or can I resize it from my post?

Drumachine09
05-29-2007, 02:58 AM
Dont use photobucket, it takes too long. Use this website.

http://www.resize2mail.com/

Upload the photo, and select 600x450 and save to your computer, then upload using the manage attatchments button. That should do the trick.

jessie
05-29-2007, 03:07 AM
Ok, bear with me for a few minutes here. My original images are HUGE and it is taking a while even on this site to resize them. The images I posted from photo bucket were actually sized down before I posted them here, believe it or not.

Ok, I changed the pics in my original posting above. Hope this helps.

niqolas619
05-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Looks really good, man - I'm looking forward to my cichlids maturing and it will look a little like your tank, as far as the fish go, anyway.

By the way, what are the orange ones? Are they the red zebras that Drumachine mentioned? Do you know the actual name of these? I wanted to add some of that color to my mbuna tank, but every cichlid of the orange flavor that I could find were haps.

jessie
05-29-2007, 08:57 PM
The orange ones are the red zebras. Their scientific name is Pseudotropheus zebra,(you may also see them listed as Metriaclima estherae) if they are listed that way in the store. (If you lived in Ohio, I have 20 red zebras that need a new home-all in a fry growout tank!).

RobbieG
05-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Very nice fish Jesse

I've got the same tank (a little lighter color) I love it

Severus
06-01-2007, 03:17 AM
Great looking fish and setup!