PDA

View Full Version : Yay, happy betta!

Lindsey
05-27-2010, 03:54 PM
I brought home a gorgeous blue and red veiltail betta last week, figuring that if he didn't like it in the community tank, I could always move him into his own little place. As it turns out I had nothing to worry about! He hid for the first few days, presumably from the danios, then came out to investigate at feeding time, grew a little bolder.

I came down and turned the tank lights on today, and there's my boy, hovering in front of a bubble nest roughly the size of my palm, with little stray bubbles lining the perimeter of the tank, obviously guarding his turf, not that any of the other fish seem to notice him!

He seems very comfortable in the community tank now that he's had a chance to settle, I'm glad I took the chance!

Northernguy
05-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Sounds great! thumbs2:
Got any pics yet?

Sarkazmo
05-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Lindsey, keep a CLOSE eye on him. My peaceful, placid betta, Opal, got along great with all the fish he was in with. Then two fish ended up dying/getting killed and so did my last Red Cherry Shrimp. He started flaring at the other fish and then it went down hill.

Sark

korweabo0
05-27-2010, 10:29 PM
i'm glad it's going well with him! pictures pelase!

Kazenouta
05-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Like any pet you keep just keep an eye on him. I haven't had any problem keeping my male with shrimp and at one time other fish. However, that could all change when he is in the mood for some love.

FishGirl-Seattle
05-28-2010, 02:52 AM
Definitely feeling at home if he is building his bachelor pad already!:hmm3grin2orange:

AdrienDeLaChicago
05-28-2010, 08:01 AM
PICS!!! thumbs2: