PDA

View Full Version : good advice needed!

paulm34
05-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Hi,

We have a 180 L tank, set up for around 4 weeks. We started with 6 neon tetras, and then a week later added 2 silver sharks and a fighting fish. Everything was lovely, except we never saw the sharks, they just hid in the shipwreck all the time. Today we decided to add another 6 neons. About half hour after adding these today, I noticed 2 were dead. So I watched for a while and saw the fighter attacking one of the neons. A few hours later my now 12 neons have gone down to 7. We have just bought 5 mollies, called something like pot bellies? and 5 rummy nose tetras. We decided to take the fighter back to the shop before he ate all the others. After expalining what we had, the man swapped it for a catfish. Looking online at pics, I think its called a threadfin squeaker. Its a really lovely fish, but all the other fish seem to be scared senseless of it. Everyime it comes out, they all scatter as far away as possible. Now I'm worried that its going to eat everything else in there, and the poor silver sharks have been evicted from their home. Have we been told wrong on this? and do we need to be taking this beautiful fish back to the shop?
Thanks for any advice
Mel