PDA

View Full Version : Two new baby goldies!

Rue
05-21-2010, 08:56 PM
My fish-keeping hasn't been very newsworthy lately. Tanks are doing fine overall. But I have very little to add about them...lol.

But today I stopped at PetSmart to get some budgie food and a parrot toy...and picked up two very small goldfish to add to the 3 in the 55g tank.

Nothing fancy at all...one's a gold fantail, the other is blue/silver fantail. $2.99 each. They look perky and healthy and I think the other three will be happier with a couple of new 'friends'.

I love goldfish. :1luvu: I added the two new ones and immediate acceptance. They're just all happy to hang together...

roxy1
05-22-2010, 03:56 AM
That's what I love about goldfish! They are so friendly and almost playful! I've watched my friend's cichlids rip each other to shreds, and just love the fact that my two goldfish really enjoy each other's company. I plan to upgrade to a 55 gallon tank, just so that I can add a few more friends to the mix!

gabbyguppy
05-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Congrats on the new additions.

Any pics?

Karen

Rue
05-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks guys!

Sorry no photos...haven't been able to take a decent fish photo for eons. Would need a different camera.

I should borrow hubby's work one...but I never remember.(blush)

Both babies look fine this morning! They joined the others at breakfast with typical goldfish gusto!:1luvu:

Lady Hobbs
05-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Awwwwww.....I love to get new fish, too. Hope they do well and thrive.

Rue
05-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks. Baby goldfish are so cute! :hmm3grin2orange:

I need to settle on what I want to get for the tropical tank. No more swords. I read up more on their care, and they need a larger tank with fast moving water. My 25g is too small, and not much water flow because of all the plants (and I like the plants).

So I'm thinking of finding whoever it is that breeds the Celestial Pearl Danios and getting more of them. I have 2/5 left and they've been there quite a while, so I think the set-up works for them.

Rue
08-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Well, those 2 teeny goldies didn`t make it. :scry: I think they lasted 3 weeks. Water was fine, and all the others are fine.

Today I`m trying again. Brought home 3 slighter larger goldies, a blue oranda, an orange and white fantail and another mixed type of some sort (like a panda, but not quite). We`ll see how they do.

I`ve given up on the fancies that I prefer...now I just want healthy and to be able to tell them apart...

Cliff
08-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Rue, sorry to hear your little ones did not make it.

Sounds like you got some nice looking new guys

Rue
08-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Thanks...I hope they make it. All of them are just from Petsmart. I`m not sure where they get their stock from, but they`re not the best looking fish to begin with.:scry:

The 3 I picked today have good conformation and are perky...which is more than I can say for most of their tankmates.

I`ll keep my fingers crossed!thumbs2:

I fed everyone right after I acclimated the new guys...and they just dug in like the others! So I know their appetites are good!

Rue
08-23-2010, 06:24 PM
...went to do a head count this morning and I was one short! *ack* My heart jumped up in my throat...

...but it`s all good...the blue oranda was just down in the corner behind the driftwood...

All three still looking perky and eating well! Hope they thrive!

chrisfraser05
08-23-2010, 06:40 PM
fingers crossed for you

Rue
08-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks!

I have to admit...all the fish look perkier with more of them...3 small goldies in the 55g looked empty.

Technically, 6 is overstocked...but they`re all small enough I`m not going to worry about it any time soon, esp. with my history of survival...:sconfused:

rich311k
08-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Good luck with them Rue. Do we get pictures?

Rue
08-24-2010, 12:37 AM
I wish I could supply you with pictures...but unless I borrow a better camera, my little point and shoot just won`t take anything that isn`t blurry...:help: