PDA

View Full Version : Compatible?

Jakaris
05-26-2007, 03:51 AM
Would a Krib or two go well with my current cichlids? I have an Auratus, an Albino Red Zebra, and a Snow White Socolofi. I've HEARD that they would go okay with each other, but I would like to keep from making (more) mistakes.
Thanks!

cocoa_pleco
05-26-2007, 04:18 AM
the krib would get killed. auratus's especially suddenly turn into monsters. i had mine with a krib for a bit, and then he suddenly has flipped out and kills eveything. Mbuna are generally species only, and that goes for most african cichlids.

Jakaris
05-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the quick response. Thats a big NO to the Krib.... what if I traded in the Auratus (because im taking back one of he socolofis, i have two, but one is being bullied a great deal since hes (slightly) smaller than the other one. If I were to take him and the auratus back, what else would go well in there?

I called the store I would be doing it at, and I got a list of Africans like this: Daffodils, Auratus, Peacocks, Frontosas, and Kribs. Now, I'm for sure taking back the socolofi, and I would get store credit there. Since its the only store in the area that will TAKE the fish, I would like to blow some of the credit there. Theres another store across the street ad anoither about a 10 minute drive away. I generally see Pseudotropheus mixtures, Ahis, and occasionally a Firemouth or Yellow Labs (The labs are 10$ here, apparently their much cheaper everywhere else. I'm actually leaning towards them, but cash is tight, and the store credit would help out immensely.)

I rambled, sorry. If you can provide any help from that tangled mess of info, then please share it. Thanks.

Fishguy2727
05-26-2007, 12:45 PM
If you have mbunas it is best to stick with just mbunas. They are generally the only ones tough enough to deal with each other. Another issue is water parameters. The ones from Lake Malawi need a pH of 8.2 and the special salts. The other rift lake cichlids need slightly different parameters, and the African non-rift lake cichlids need completely different parameters.

Jakaris
05-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the info! :D