PDA

View Full Version : Sps Battle of the Century, lol

labnjab
05-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Looks like a battle between 3 sps is about to begin ;D. The Green slimer is growing towards the direct flow of 2 koralia 2's to try and get the indigo acro which is growing away from the flow towards the green slimer. At the same time the montipora confusa in the back is quickly encrusting the rock heading towards the slimer and both acros are sending out branches towards the montipora. I've had to cut the branches back on the acros several times in the last couple of months because they were getting very close to the montipora. Its the battle of the century, lol

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/jabsgirlforever/75%20gallon/100_1849.jpg

Rue
05-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Corals look nice! I've also seen some fantastic photos taken at night when everyone has their tentacles out...lol...very scary stuff.

Even if you don't take pics, you should do a midnight run and see what's up...

labnjab
05-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Thank you Rue.

I spent last night looking at the tank with a flash light, lol. Our favia has 6-7 inch sweepers that are out every night:ssuprised:. Surprisingly no other coral extends sweepers, just short feeders. I also saw we have a huge population of what looks like mysis shrimp in our sump as well as a ton of amplipods and copepods. Last night I also spent 20 min. or so watching our tiger pistol shrimp digging a new hole. The tank is almost as interesting at night as it is during the day

Rue
05-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Excellent! I'm glad you're keeping off the streets! :hmm3grin2orange: :14: