PDA

View Full Version : Plant Fertilizer

guinness
05-14-2010, 01:50 AM
I am currently have a 28 gallon tank, I've planted 3 crypts, 2 swords and 2 dwarf sagittaria.

I was wondering what kind of fertilizer I should be using to keep my plants healthy? Should I use dry or liquid?

Are there anyother things(other than the fertilizer) I should be doing to keep them healthy?

:22:

rich311k
05-14-2010, 01:52 AM
What is your setup? How much light? What kind of substrate? How long has it been running?

gm72
05-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Rich has some very pertinent questions that we need to have answered to accurately answer your question.

Also keep in mind that fertilizers are not always needed in a planted tank. I have several setups that I never fertilize that do very well. That's not to say they wouldn't do better with ferts, but I experience growth that is completely acceptable to me and the tanks look great IMO.

guinness
05-14-2010, 12:38 PM
What is your setup? How much light? What kind of substrate? How long has it been running?

In my tank I have 6 Red-eyed Tetras, 5 Platys and 2 Oto Cats. The filter I use is a Aquaclear 30.

The lighting is an HO 2x24w T5 Aquatic Life light, that I leave on from about ten hours a day.

I have 2 sizes of gravel as my substrate.

The tank has been running for about 10 weeks now.

I hope that helps you out.

:22: