PDA

View Full Version : pruning time questions

rookie
05-12-2010, 07:23 PM
ok i think its getting to the point were i need to prun back my plants they are starting to run the tank lol. what do you think is the best way to trim back the java moss. i was thinking of just sticking my hand in the tank and using scissors. but im a little worried that there might be ghost shrimp, bn pleco fry or something else hiding out in there. does anyone have any ideas how to trim down the java moss without moving the rocks that its attached to

gm72
05-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Either scissors or just tear it by hand. If you are worried about shrimp/fry doing it by hand might be better.

Wild Turkey
05-13-2010, 12:05 AM
+1

I cant think of something you could do to it to get it to stop growing.

rookie
05-13-2010, 03:00 PM
lol i dont mind it growing. because i just give it away to freinds but i have aways taken the rocks out to trim them however now the tank is so established that i dont want to rune the natural look and feel of the tank

SunSchein89
05-13-2010, 06:08 PM
I'd say sharp scissors is your best bet. If you end up pinching something with your hand it may be pretty painful if it doesn't die right away. Sharp scissors will at least be quick both for the plant and the possible fry.