PDA

View Full Version : Struck out again

Lady Hobbs
05-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Got my plants today. I ordered 5 acorus varigaus and got 3 java ferns instead.

Also ordered pearl grass and actually got it but not as many as I ordered and rather ragged but I think they will live.

I'm done with this guy on Ebay.

sergo
05-24-2007, 03:32 PM
you should have been done a long time ago.

Lady Hobbs
05-24-2007, 03:37 PM
LOL NO KIDDING. I thought with so many good feedbacks he got, that maybe I just had a bad shipment and would give him another chance. HA!

Back to the old philosophy I've always had........You get what you pay for just SOME of the time.

I have found that using a stick pin works great for attaching ferns to wood, tho. Saves that string wrapped around the wood.

sergo
05-24-2007, 03:43 PM
i may end having to get new plants too, mine all of a sudden have just started to turn yellow and are starting to look bad. i'm not sure what is going on. i think my bulbs may be on the way out but they have been only been up and running for about 5 months. i just put my backup ones in and we'll see what happens. the color of them (k) is very different than what i had and that's why they were backup lights, they don't make the tank look good.

frizzlefish
05-24-2007, 03:54 PM
I have found that using a stick pin works great for attaching ferns to wood, tho. Saves that string wrapped around the wood.

WOW! This is the most brillant thing I've read all day! Thank you! Thank you!

Now why didn't I think of that!??!

Lady Hobbs
05-24-2007, 04:33 PM
It works great. I tried brown, nylon thread at first but it's hard to put it around an uneven piece of wood. I was afraid my fish would get stuck in it or get a fin caught so out come the stick-pins.

hungryhound
05-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Sorry to hear that your order did not work out again. I guess this means chrona must get his wooden spoon protector out.

Did you send him photos of the wrong plants and ask him to correct them?

At this point does it even matter if you got some plants. I would annoy the hell out of him until he gives you what you paid for, all the while keeping his signs of stupidity (wrong plants). And then I would quickly quite ordering from the guy.

As chrona has pointed out. You are probably far better off going with the swap and shop on the planted tank.

Anyways good luck and I hope everything works out for the best.

Drumachine09
05-24-2007, 06:44 PM
If you dont want the java ferns, ill take em! lol

I would make that guy let you keep what he gave you wrongly, and send you what you paid for. Send him an email as well, and negitave on ebay if its not corrected, neutral if it is.

Lady Hobbs
05-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Actually I can use the ferns as my silver dollars ate half of my others and the ones I did have come with a ton of black spots so I can use them. I did want to get the taller plants in first, however, and the taller ones are the ones this guy keeps screwing up.

I tossed out 2 of the 5 pearl grass bunches I got. They were mush. I won't ask for replacements. I'm just done with this company.

I doubled up my 24 inch strip light on the planted tank and the light is bright! Looking at this light, I wouldn't want a 65 watt 24 inch as I planned to get. All I have is aqua grow lights and the angels are hiding behind the driftwood it's so bright.

Rue
05-24-2007, 09:51 PM
...at least the suspense has ended...

...don't you have an aquarium club nearby?