PDA

View Full Version : shipping coral

labnjab
05-10-2010, 03:20 AM
Has anyone sucessfully shipped sps? If so do you have any pointers? We have several nice acro and other sps that i just cant seem to sell or give away locally. Sps just isnt that big around here, so im going to try and sell it or trade anywhere in the country but i dont have a clue how to ship it. Thank you for any tips

Chris5150
05-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Has anyone sucessfully shipped sps? If so do you have any pointers? We have several nice acro and other sps that i just cant seem to sell or give away locally. Sps just isnt that big around here, so im going to try and sell it or trade anywhere in the country but i dont have a clue how to ship it. Thank you for any tips

I don't have a clue how to ship it. I would assume a styrofoam cooler or something along those lines. I would defiantly buy some sps as Ive been looking to get into the sps side of reef keeping.

labnjab
05-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Thank you chris. I may have a lfs that will take them for store credit, but if he backs out then they will be up for sale again

Rue
05-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Well, I haven't shipped any, but I've seen them as they come from being shipped...

-double bag in heavy duty plastic baggies

- styrofoam shipping container, well packaged with newspaper or peanuts...

- heating pad/cooling pad as required

Check with shipper to ensure the fastest, most direct delivery route. Even the best packaging won't help if they're held up somewhere for 2-3 days.