PDA

View Full Version : Very cool snail catcher/killer

Lady Hobbs
05-10-2010, 01:56 AM
I do not have pretty, neat snails. I have the pond varmits. I enjoy them nearly as much as I do flies at a picnic.

I have finally found a way to suck those buggers out of my tank. I have a piece of python hose that I cut off from my python because it was too long. That bugger pulls those snail up in a NY second. It's just the right size for even the biggest snails and none get stuck in the hose. They simply fall to the bottom of the pail, I dump the water back in the tank and the snails are sent to heaven.
:19:

Cliff
05-10-2010, 02:02 AM
That sounds real easy to do!

I'll have to remember this is I get snails

Lady Hobbs
05-10-2010, 02:17 AM
I've gone from seeing about 50 a day to about 3. And all the time I am removing them, I hear the sound track from Rocky.

Wild Turkey
05-10-2010, 02:29 AM
3jYcW1nEsGk

Just for you hobbs. thumbs2: http://planetsmilies.net/violent-smiley-1486.gif

korith
05-10-2010, 02:44 AM
hehe that works. Back when I lived on campus I had a friend that would come by a fair bit, he saw me plucking snails out of an aquarium once. After that day he would come by and just sit in front of a tank and pluck snails out for a good hour. It was his way of relaxing.

The worst is when you've spent all that time painstakingly removing all the snails, then a week later they've retaken the tank.

At the moment no snail issues here, the assassin snails did their job well. I actually had to get pest snails from a friend for my tank.