PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad when...

labnjab
05-05-2010, 04:54 PM
... you cant tell how many anemones you have, lol. Our pink bta split back in January and both "clones" moved to the back of the tank in a spot where I can't see there feet. Now they look huge and I can't tell how many we have. I think it split again, but I can't tell. I do know its happy and healthy because its hasn't moved in 4 months and is always fully open
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/jabsgirlforever/75%20gallon/100_1815.jpg

Looks like we have the makings of a bta forest:hmm3grin2orange: Hopefully it will always stay in that spot. Any wanderers will be sold asap:ssuprised:

Rue
05-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Well, I now have between 13-15 BTAs...I think they're giving off some kind of allomone...I can no longer keep any corals alive...

I need to harvest them one of these days, but I'm dreading the challenge...

labnjab
05-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Wow, how large is your tank? That's a lot of nems. I think we have 3 but I could be wrong. If they split any more I'm going to harvest. We have to many expensive coral for them to start killing them. There's a high demand for cloned BTAs in our reef club. We have a few people with dibs on these ones, but I just don't want to harvest just yet.

tanks4thememories
05-05-2010, 07:36 PM
... you cant tell how many anemones you have, lol. Our pink bta split back in January and both "clones" moved to the back of the tank in a spot where I can't see there feet. Now they look huge and I can't tell how many we have. I think it split again, but I can't tell. I do know its happy and healthy because its hasn't moved in 4 months and is always fully open
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/jabsgirlforever/75%20gallon/100_1815.jpg

Looks like we have the makings of a bta forest:hmm3grin2orange: Hopefully it will always stay in that spot. Any wanderers will be sold asap:ssuprised:

Wow if the equipment and the wires (or whatever the black strappy looking things are..lol) weren't in the shot I would swear that was in the ocean!! Awesome Pic.

Rue
05-05-2010, 07:44 PM
It's the 34 g in my siggy...

coachfraley
05-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Well the clowns sure look happy! I would watch your hands when you go to harvest lol.

labnjab
05-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Lol, i just spent the last hour adding 20 lbs of eco rock and rescaping and she bit me the entire time

Z Fish Man
05-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Lol, i just spent the last hour adding 20 lbs of eco rock and rescaping and she bit me the entire time

haha clown fish bite?

labnjab
05-06-2010, 01:28 AM
haha clown fish bite?
They sure do, lol. The bigger ones, like clarkii clowns, will actually draw blood. They can be really agressive.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
05-06-2010, 02:16 AM
They sure do, lol. The bigger ones, like clarkii clowns, will actually draw blood. They can be really agressive.

Maroons are even worse because of the "spikes" on their cheeks. :)

Nice looking nems. Congrats.

Miltonic
05-06-2010, 03:08 AM
they look great Lab, hope they all stay put for you

labnjab
05-06-2010, 04:21 AM
they look great Lab, hope they all stay put for you

Maroons are even worse because of the "spikes" on their cheeks. :)

Nice looking nems. Congrats.

Thank you both:ssmile: