PDA

View Full Version : Update with pics...opinions please!

kimberly0418
05-22-2007, 11:01 PM
I posted a week ago in the "How do I help this little guy?" thread about my dwarf gourami who'd been attacked by a gold gourami, then to get away from him he ended up getting stuck in the castle in the tank. I've been putting melafix in the tank for 6 days now. His wounds seem to be healing, and he's swimming around, eating, acting normal at this point.

I wanted to get others opinions on how his wounds look, as well as find out if I should stop the melafix after the 7th day or if I should continue it for a while longer. Also, will he eventually get back to his former beauty or will he always be battle scarred?

The first picture is of the same side I showed before. The second shows a wound on his underside. Sorry for the quality, it was the best I could get.

Thanks!!

Lady Hobbs
05-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Wow. He looks too far gone to me. He is very wounded! Take some plastic groceries bags and jam in the holes in that castle! I had to do the same thing with mine.

I don't know as he will make it. He has some severe wounds.

xoolooxunny
05-23-2007, 12:15 AM
you can keep using it after a week, just make sure you do a 50% water change weekly. I've used it for almost 3 weeks for tail/fin rot once.

cocoa_pleco
05-23-2007, 01:12 AM
WOW, that gourami got pwn3d. As long as he can eat and swim upright, keep him on treatment

nanaglen2001
05-23-2007, 09:09 AM
He is eating...very good sign, as long as a fish eats there is hope.

His wounds will look terrible for a while and all of a sudden... like a miracle they are gone. It happens all the time with the wounds my Sajicamales have, becuase of their quarreling over territories.

Scars...can be, but must not. But on the other hand, one or two battle scars, it would be something special. It would show the fish is a fighter and won a brutal battle.

And pleas get rid of that castle, put in some nice roots, looks more natural, and fish wont get stucked.

crackatinny
05-23-2007, 10:31 AM
He certainly is determined, hope all go's well for him.

S13DWS
05-23-2007, 10:47 AM
aww poor fishy!!!
I hope my fish dont fight so badly!!

Good luck nursing him/her back to health:-)

sergo
05-23-2007, 12:33 PM
wow, he looks bad. glad to know he's still eating and swimming upright. if he doesn't show any signs of getting better or other things start happening (other problems) you may have to euthanize. that poor fish has a long recovery ahead of him, good luck.

marcryan11
06-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Gouramis are weird in general lol. We have a 5" Blue that used to get tormented by our 5" Pearl. We moved the pearl to our 75, and got him a mate. He spent the first few hours courting her, then a day later, ripped her upper lip off and she died. Now he's acting as if he wants another. We have had dwarfs in the past, and they have been gentle to each other. One thing I did find out is if you are trying to introduce a male to a female, put the male in the female's territory/tank.

tropfish
06-29-2007, 08:30 PM
It looks bad but like everyne said before eating and swimming normalliy is a hgood sign. I hope he makes it.