PDA

View Full Version : Bushy plant?

SunSchein89
04-30-2010, 06:14 AM
Just looking for a bushy plant to replace the anacharis in my tank. It seems to like to grow from the top rather than grow bushy throughout and cover my filter intake and heater like it used to. Plus I'm just getting kind of sick of it. Anybody have any recommendations for a 10 gal. planted with two 10 watt 6700K bulbs, currently dosing flourish excel 3x/week and flourish 1x/week?

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt160/sunschein89/fish%20tank/IMG_7493.jpg
latest pic of the tank for reference...

Also, do you think it would hurt my betta to throw on another aqueon 10 filter to this tank? I've noticed the water on top is getting kind of filmy (probably from the food or excess of something), but the flow seems to be very minimal on the top, especially when this film is covering the water. The only form of carbon I dose to the tank stays in the water column, so it shouldn't affect "co2" levels any more than it is already. Would a small powerhead be better for what I'm trying to do instead?

Thanks for any advice/info.

Lady Hobbs
04-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Wisteria is nice and good for hiding babies.

rich311k
04-30-2010, 01:05 PM
cabomba, rotala, foxtail, myrio lots of choices.

SunSchein89
04-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Wisteria is nice and good for hiding babies.

That's actually the plant in the middle there that looks really white. Whenever I take pictures of it, it gets really whited out for some reason. I actually started with two or three little stems and now I'm up to seven I think. It's really taken off in the tank, but I don't want to cover the whole place with it.

cabomba, rotala, foxtail, myrio lots of choices.

Have to look up some pictures of them later when I get the time, thanks :22: .