PDA

View Full Version : awards links

xoolooxunny
05-22-2007, 01:44 AM
I think that you should be able to click on someone's award that involves a picture (potm, totm) and it should take you right to the picture to see what they got the award for, instead of sifting through photobucket.

what do you guys think? nothing big, just would be cool.

cocoa_pleco
05-22-2007, 03:07 AM
Thats a good idea! but theres so many awards that people have, it would take alot of time/effort

xoolooxunny
05-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Thats a good idea! but theres so many awards that people have, it would take alot of time/effort

I don't really know what goes into making a website, but i'll take your word for it

cocoa_pleco
05-23-2007, 01:06 AM
ALONG time ago, i made a basic website on fish diseases etc. It's alot of work, believe me. However, if a mod isnt too busy, its a good idea!

hungryhound
05-23-2007, 02:03 AM
I think that it is a good idea in theory, but putting it into practice might make it a living nightmare for Hobbs and William.

I would be for it if it could be done simply, but if it is a hassle I would say leave it alone, as the moderators do their wonderful work for free and here is no reason to make their life even harder.

Lady Hobbs
05-23-2007, 01:32 PM
You got that right cocoa. Thank you for thinking of the mods.

xoolooxunny......
If you go to the site, I have every photo that won an award in one section (for both photo contests), who won it and the month it was won. Every file name has to be changed just to put them in order and my hope was that it was making it easier to view them.

If I just add links in a thread, we would still be shuffling back and forth from each link to the site. What would be ideal is if AC had their own site for pictures and contests but currently I find the photo gallery offered here nothing to brag about. Perhaps in time a better gallery will be offered where we can post our own pictures and do our voting right there. But,
for now, we are stuck with photobucket but I still find it the best site around for picture posting.

I am currently a member of 5 or 6 other forums and none of them even have picture contests. Some I visit have them but not many and the vote is only on 10 pictures. Some of them not even monthly. V-Bulletin hosting, in my opinion, is behind the times and really could do some updates to their programming!!

What I will do, is post the winning pictures for that month in a separate thread in competitions and leave it until there is another winner to take it's place. Does that sound OK?

cocoa_pleco
05-24-2007, 01:29 AM
maintaining a website is really hard work. when i made mine 4 years ago, i had to take about 5 aspirins a hour to cope with the stress of making links, typing, and fixing errors. Its amazing how well william made this website. he must be made of steel

xoolooxunny
05-24-2007, 01:40 AM
What I will do, is post the winning pictures for that month in a separate thread in competitions and leave it until there is another winner to take it's place. Does that sound OK?

sounds good, it was just an idea, wasnt out to make a bunch of work for anybody!