PDA

View Full Version : How often should I feed

Fish Newbie
05-22-2007, 12:38 AM
I have 3 neons, one blood fin tetra, 2 angelfish, 1 pleco, 2 mollies, 1 beta

Can someone tell me who needs to be fed what and how often?
Right now they only get tropical fish flakes except for the pleco he gets a wafer every 3 days at night before lights out.

thanks
Jenna

xoolooxunny
05-22-2007, 12:44 AM
neons/mollies/tetras can get fed everyday. I think the angel would appreciate some live food every so often too. My pleco gets a wafer every night.

small pinches of food. only give them as much as they can eat in about 2 minutes. its easy to overfeed, because most of the time they'll eat it!

Fish Newbie
05-22-2007, 12:46 AM
What kind of live food ? What if I put it in and they don't eat it? Or the other fish try and eat it?

xoolooxunny
05-22-2007, 12:49 AM
What kind of live food ? What if I put it in and they don't eat it? Or the other fish try and eat it?

brine shrimp, blood worms. its ok, everybody else is allowed to eat it too. just make sure you dont put the water from the bag in your tank!! brine shrimp are salty!

Fish Newbie
05-22-2007, 01:02 AM
Will the shrimp live in your tank if they don't eat them> or the worms?

xoolooxunny
05-22-2007, 01:04 AM
the brine shrimp need salty water to thrive, so no. I'm not sure about the bloodworms, but if they do, they'll only live until they're found!

Fish Newbie
05-22-2007, 01:05 AM
So they are no harm to your fish?

Brine shrimp are bought at the pet store I assume? Are the expensive. I am excited to try something new

xoolooxunny
05-22-2007, 01:14 AM
So they are no harm to your fish?

Brine shrimp are bought at the pet store I assume? Are the expensive. I am excited to try something new

i think i pay about 1.40 for a single serving (plastic spoonful) USD. That should be more than enough for your little friends. pick up a brine shrimp net too while your at it, they tend to fall through the regular green nets a little. Just have someone hold the net while you pour the bag into it over the sink. i give them a real quick rinse to get extra salt off, my khulies and neons wouldnt appreciate it in their home:bfish: