PDA

View Full Version : neons,kuhlis and RCS babies

HeatherH
04-28-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm most worried about my neons. They could plausibly fit one in their mouth. One of my big RCS females is holding eggs,should I start a shrimp only tank?

There is a jungle of java moss in there,a good size java fern,anubias and some hornwort that is growing amazingly fast.

Would it be good to get some other bushy greens for the babies to hide in? I have around 1 watt per gallon,I'd love some hair grass but I don't think I have enough light for it.

What would you suggest? I'm really excited,the cherry shrimp I've only had a week,some have already molted and now this big girl has a ton of eggs under her and I have all females except for two little dudes. I'd love to share the babies with everyone-I never had shrimp in my tanks before and they are great.

rich311k
04-28-2010, 04:20 PM
You will lose some shrimplets to predadation. Very few fish will not at least try and eat them.

HeatherH
04-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Yeah,when I got the shrimp there were two tiny shrimplets in the hornwort that I haven't seen since the neons saw them and chased them all over the place. I'm pretty sure they're long gone.

I have a small tank that's empty,bout 2.5 gallons. Would this be suitable for a shrimp grow out tank? How would I go about proper lighting for plants?