PDA

View Full Version : Silly me..... I thought my tank was smaller than it is!

chrisfraser05
04-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Ok so when my mate gave me the tank he said it was around 10g.

I just measured the dimensions and its 24" by 12" by 18"

When working this out it comes to 22.4g US or 84lt.

Taking off the thickness of the glass I can pretty much round it to 20G or 80lt for the sake of stocking.

I posted a thread the other day asking about if I should get a few more Platys and based it on a 10G lol

My current stocking is 6 white tipped tetras, 2 zebra danios, 2 platys and 2 yamato shrimp.

I was thinking about getting a few more platys so they can school, realisticaly would another 4 be ok?

Maybe even a couple more shrimp too at a later point?

thanks chris

HeatherB
04-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Not familiar with yamato shrimp, but most shrimp add little bioload to your tank, so I'd think you'd be safe to add them!

SunSchein89
04-25-2010, 12:30 AM
I'd probably worry about upping the school of zebra danios before the platties. I wouldn't see a problem with 3 or 4 more danios and an extra platy or two.

Rue
04-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Yup! You can add a few more...but not too many...I don't like the look of overstocked tanks...not to mention they need more maintenance...

EmmanuelJB
04-25-2010, 12:38 AM
I'd probably worry about upping the school of zebra danios before the platties. I wouldn't see a problem with 3 or 4 more danios and an extra platy or two.
I agree. Get more danios. I would get 4 more zebra danios, and 1 more platy.

chrisfraser05
04-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Cool.

I'll prob get a few more danio in a week or two then one or two platys.

I added a couple of rocks yesterday and removed a plant and trimmed the others so I want to see if there are any changes first before stocking.

Is interesting seeing what causes what changes