PDA

View Full Version : What else can I feed my Goldfish

Hanna
04-24-2010, 08:41 AM
We're having our 2 goldies for about 8 weeks now.
I feed them granules, crisps and flakes, sometimes thawed peas which I need to cut in tiny pieces, as our golddfish are small too (about 6-8 cm max).

What else can I feed them to give them a nice variance in their diet without creating a mess in the tank which is an AquaOne380 ( 34 l )

Big THANKS for any suggestion :goldfish:

Sunny3h
04-30-2010, 02:08 PM
You can feed them beef heart.

Scrup
04-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Don't go heavy on the beef heart, its really not the best diet for them. Can cause them to have a fatty liver, which is a bad thing. They are not carnivores by nature, so you want more veggies than anything. Most fruits and veggies are usually a pretty big hit.

I shouldn't need to say that two goldies in a 9 gallon is way overstocked. They grow fast, and are messy, and will be bigger than that tank one day if they are taken care of. If you want to keep them I would start looking into larger tanks, and soon.

I would say at a minimum a 30 gallon (55+ would be ideal IMO), with as much filtration as you can pack onto it, once they get bigger they become poop machines.

Glad to hear you are mixing up the diet!

Cococrunch
04-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Fresh Fruits, Different Types of Worms, Daphnia, Leafy Vegetables and Brine Shrimp. And use the Flakes, Pellets and Granules as base Food

Note: Only use the Worms;Brine shrimp and Daphnia as Treats; Remember Not to Overfeed :)

-Coco

Hanna
05-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks guys,

They are crazy about peas, zucchini is not on their hitlist. I bought frozen brine shrimp; they get this one only once a week.
I am a bit scared about live worms though....

I do not overfeed them as they are poo machines now, lol
And I got good filtration and aeration, I keep an eye on the nitrogens too. I know about the tank size, we already got our eyes on a AquaOne900+ with proper stand.
Until we can get it I look after our babies the very best I can and do appropriate water changes too, observe them every single day...
:goldfish: :goldfish: