PDA

View Full Version : Bettas and "betta mirrors"

souly
04-22-2010, 10:00 PM
MY FiancÚ works for a Pet Store, and they just recently got in these Betta "Toys" for tanks. One of them is a small log that floats in the water near the top so that the Betta can do inside it. I can see this being useful as a hiding spot.

Now, When I saw she was getting the Mirrors I told her that she shouldn't suggest them to customers with the assumption that it would stress the Betta out by seeing the reflection and Flaring. Now, I've read and hear mixed reviews on this. Thats its healthy for the betta to do it, or that it would stress the betta out.

Whats your opinion on this? Have you had use of this products? She asked that I post so she could get a better idea of what to suggest it about.

Sarkazmo
04-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Constant agitation is not good for any animal. Once in a while is fine but all the time, that's bad.

Sark

SunSchein89
04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Agreed. My one betta flares enough at night as it is, I can't imagine putting a mirror in the tank would do him any favors let alone look attractive at all.

Northernguy
04-22-2010, 11:11 PM
I also don't think it would be healthy for it to fkare all the time.
I do think the fish would eventually get used to it.
As for weather or not its attractive would be a matter of the hobbiests opinion.