PDA

View Full Version : Question about severums

Lady Hobbs
05-20-2007, 05:17 PM
I was thinking of getting 3 but I wonder if this is not a good idea. If it turns out I have 2 males and one female, this will pose a problem. Two males may get along, or two females or a pair but would the third one not be a good idea?

I was also thinking of 2 severum and 2 festivums. What do you guys think?

Drumachine09
05-20-2007, 05:19 PM
I was thinking of getting 3 but I wonder if this is not a good idea. If it turns out I have 2 males and one female, this will pose a problem. Two males may get along, or two females or a pair but would the third one not be a good idea?

I was also thinking of 2 severum and 2 festivums. What do you guys think?

Are we thinking of the 75 gallon here?

Lady Hobbs
05-20-2007, 09:32 PM
yupper.....

krzesinskag
05-20-2007, 09:41 PM
id just have to 2 becuase there will be less problems with having different numbers of each sex when they are mature, its not really worth risking it. they are wonderful fish though and mine loves bubbles :) he spends ages swimming put and down in the bubbles from the air pump.

cocoa_pleco
05-20-2007, 09:42 PM
i say 2 severums and 2 festivums

Lady Hobbs
05-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Sounds good to me too. I know acarus are also supposed to be compatible with them but I think I'll stick with the festivums and silver dollars.

Cocoa.....why did you get rid of yours? You must have room for him in your 20 tanks. LOL

Correction! The acarus is not compatible with the severum. It is the uarus which gets awfully large! Need to stand corrected here.

cocoa_pleco
05-20-2007, 10:18 PM
my friend REALLY wanted him, and theyre hard to find here. I ALMOST found a gold severum once, but they were out of stock.

Drumachine09
05-21-2007, 02:57 AM
With a 75, you could do two green, and two tourquois. Or you could substitute a pair of those for a pair of golds. half a dozen tiger barbs for your dithers (mine are excellent) and 10 or so albinos with a rubber nosed or two for clean up.

Lady Hobbs
05-21-2007, 03:31 AM
I wouldn't mind greens and golds but it would be a mess to end up with 3 males. One good thing about it, is that spawning is not the norm for them. They don't breed as readily as other cichlids.

Drumachine09
05-21-2007, 03:39 AM
I wouldn't mind greens and golds but it would be a mess to end up with 3 males. One good thing about it, is that spawning is not the norm for them. They don't breed as readily as other cichlids.

lol, no more angle fish like troubles?

I have two males ( i belive) and if anything, they just ignore eachother. The only time the interact is their 8:30 play time. Every night, about 8:30, one chases the other around the tank for 1 minute, and then they switch. It stops as suddenly as it starts. Kinda amusing almost.

Lady Hobbs
05-21-2007, 03:51 AM
My loaches and silver dollars go thru that right before lights out. So does my dog! LOL

Drumachine09
05-21-2007, 03:57 AM
My loaches and silver dollars go thru that right before lights out. So does my dog! LOL

My dog does what we call "puppy races" When it is wet out side, and we open the door, he RUNS inside the house as fast as he can just dodging all of the furniture and people. He keeps that up for about 10 minutes before he passes out on the cold tile. Im STILL waiting for him to run into something to teach him a lesson, lol.