Lady Hobbs
05-20-2007, 04:03 PM
http://www.ekkwill.com/wildplecos.html

YaYgoldFish
05-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Some of those are huge!

Lady Hobbs
05-20-2007, 05:11 PM
I know and some a pretty darned awesome.

hungryhound
05-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Funny that you should post this, as the wife and I are considering adding a pleco to our 46g community tank.

Nice site

Drumachine09
05-20-2007, 06:34 PM
I like the mustard spotted pleco. Is nice!

Rue
05-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Funny that you should post this, as the wife and I are considering adding a pleco to our 46g community tank...

...make sure you get a small one! thumbs2:

hungryhound
05-20-2007, 11:46 PM
...make sure you get a small one! thumbs2:

Well we took the plunge today and picked-up our new baby, an L114 (also known as a Leopard cactus pleco) which only gets about 7in. Thus far it seems to be settling in well and has taken up residence under a corner of our current plastic driftwood.

We're also in the middle of boiling some real wood that we picked up at our LFS today. Once it's finished we'll also add it to the tank and wait about a week before removing the plastic wood. I'm quite excited about the real wood as it should nicely accent the tank as well as provide a nice functional use for both our new pleco as well as the Yoyo loaches we have.

Below are two pictures of the little fella.

Lady Hobbs
05-21-2007, 03:55 AM
Ahhhhhh.....what a handsome pleco you have. I like the size yours will get. I don't want a dinky one but don't want a giant, either. I'd like one that would grow somewhere between 6-10 inches.

hungryhound
05-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Ahhhhhh.....what a handsome pleco you have. I like the size yours will get. I don't want a dinky one but don't want a giant, either. I'd like one that would grow somewhere between 6-10 inches.

Why thank you Hobbs. My wife and I are quite pleased with him/her. We were absolutely amazed when we found this little guy at the LFS as he was one of the varieties that we found when we were doing our research on them.

Good luck in your search. Hopefully you will find one that you like just as much as we like this little fellow.

Rue
05-21-2007, 02:34 PM
He's very cute! Can't find much around here that's small...just the rubber lipped...

...but I know someone who's growing out a batch of bristlenose...but I lost his phone number! If I can't track him down, I suppose I'll try the rubber lipped...

Juannie
05-22-2007, 02:13 AM
What a beatiful pleco, mine is now about 15-16inches long and he's such a a pig & produces masses of waste, but I wouldn't change him for all the world - they're such awesome looking fish. People freak when they see him!

salman
07-09-2007, 10:47 PM
:S I thought there was only 1 kind of pleco, lol. I only see the normal gray one in all the fish stores i go to.