PDA

View Full Version : croeca or maxima clam

labnjab
04-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Since our tank is doing great were thinking of adding another clam since the tank turns 6 months next month. We have a dersa that is doing great. Which clam would you add, a maxima or croeca? Im not worried about how big they will get, before they out grow our tank we will probably have a much bigger tank. Thank you for any input.

We have more then enough lighting for any clam with 2x250 watt hqi

UnknownFish
04-24-2010, 02:18 AM
pacific east aquaculture has some great prices on crocea clams right now, http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/ShowProductCategory.aspx?CategoryId=25

Fishguy2727
04-24-2010, 02:25 AM
I would suggest what you find that you like and looks healthy. The care for crocea vs maxima doesn't make a big enough difference to worry about.

labnjab
04-25-2010, 04:41 AM
Thank you both. We got a few sources locally that sell ora clams. One place even gives a 15% discount to all nh reef club members. I guess we'll find out what color we like and choose from there. Shoot, ill probably end up buying one of each b4 the years over anyways, lol. We'll probably get a maxima now at a croeca at the year mark, or vise versa, lol

Now i just have to sell some frags to get the cash to buy one. Seems like no one locally wants any sps and thats all we have for sale :(