PDA

View Full Version : 55 Gallon S/C Amer Cichlid Tank by 511

i_am_511
04-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Ive been wanting to do a Cichlid tank for a while now. Its FINALLY started. I found a deal for $100 came with tank,stand,lights,heater,tops,and a Fluval 305.thumbs2: Craigslist.

Im running Fluval 305 and a AquaClear 50 i also have a Penguin 200 with a Biowheel i might move it to my other tank tho.

45Lbs of Black Estes Sand. Some stacked rocks and some wood. And 2 Swords, 1 Water Sprite and another tall plant i cant remember the name of. I like keeping all my tank pretty natural instead of the normal looking tanks people have.

3 Rainbow Cichlids
2 Buffalo Head Cichlids
1 Firemouth
1 Orange Cockatoo Cichlid

They are all 1.5 inches maybe 2inches and under.

Pics coming as soon as i figure out how to upload to this site. My pics are over the limit and causes an error.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY0pjBLPOIM

i_am_511
04-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Here is some pics....I had to crop them(thanks for the help Lady Hobb).

one pic is the 55 gallon sitting empty with stuff like the bags of sand and wood just sitting in it. The other pics are the Firemouth,Buffalo Head, Rainbows, Orange Cockatoo. You can see they have a few spots to to hide away in.

1 rainbow was already black when i got them and the other was close to being dark and the other was the yellowish color just in the past day or so they have changed colors a little bit.

Also the Firemouth changed to another fish since i got it. They were colored alot. The dark right home and the dark sand tank he has colored up really nice.