PDA

View Full Version : Organised Rosy Barbs??

waack
04-21-2010, 07:04 AM
ok i know this might sound a little weird and some people are gunna think im crazy, but i first for rosy barbs about a month ago at the same time i planted some plant stems in the tank. i posted here the fish were rubbing against one in particualr costantly and got the responce its either ich or something in the water agitating them. Watched for any signs of ich and luckily none appeared and water has now settled after cycling it seems these barbs enjoy swimming quickly at the back and the plant they rubbed on was in the way of this, several mornings in a row i awoke to find it uprooted and floating only to replant it over and over i moved it to a different place and since then have seen no rubbing behaviour and the plant hasnt moved is it possible that the rosy's, who seemed to take it in turns to flick their tails agaist the plant, were only doing so because it was in their way and they wanted to get rid of it?? because it seems like it to me

Rhaethe
04-21-2010, 07:26 AM
When male rosy barbs try to get females to breed, they will often chase and steer the female(s) into plants ... sometimes even pushing them into it to get her to scatter her eggs.

Perhaps that is what was happening?

They do eat the eggs, too, so the eggs may no longer be on the plant.

waack
04-21-2010, 07:28 AM
hahah yes i saw that during my research before i got them thing is 3 males atm lol planning on getting some females but none as of yet

waack
04-22-2010, 12:37 PM
i knew it lol people think im crazyy