PDA

View Full Version : Took a leap for saltkind!

cocoa_pleco
05-20-2007, 02:29 AM
As the title says, i made a leap for saltkind!

One of my friends just finished cycling a tank, and i never even know he got it. Its a 55g (im jealous of that) and he wants a severum with a rubberlip pleco and corys. My severum is a little demon, so i gave him the severum and told him how to care for him etc. Im VERY sure he will take good care of the severum, he loves animals.

That leaves my 33g free, so im going to cycle it then move ALL my nanoreef stuff to the 33g. Im getting a protein skimmer tomorrow, and a bigger blue actinic fixture.

Now, the WORST part is blowing 200$ on more LR. at least i'll have a nice SW tank though!

Im gonna miss mr. severum, but hes going to a bigger tank

Rue
05-20-2007, 02:34 AM
I'm still confused...

...you had a big SW tank...and dismantled it...and set up a 10g SW tank...

...and now you're upgrading to a bigger SW tank again?

Drumachine09
05-20-2007, 02:39 AM
Now i will be the only one with a nano!!!!

cocoa_pleco
05-20-2007, 02:43 AM
I did convert the 20g long to a SW tank, but it was IMPOSSIBLE to find any fixtures for the light, so i sadly had to skip that. Now, i have a proper fitting regular fixture for the 33g and a actinic one, and the protein skimmer im getting tomorrow. Theres nothing else i could think of for the 33g, so may as well upgrade the salt tank!

lol, sorry to leave the "nano" group drumachine, but mr. firefish and the condy lobbied for a bigger tank and won

Drumachine09
05-20-2007, 03:03 AM
I did convert the 20g long to a SW tank, but it was IMPOSSIBLE to find any fixtures for the light, so i sadly had to skip that. Now, i have a proper fitting regular fixture for the 33g and a actinic one, and the protein skimmer im getting tomorrow. Theres nothing else i could think of for the 33g, so may as well upgrade the salt tank!

lol, sorry to leave the "nano" group drumachine, but mr. firefish and the condy lobbied for a bigger tank and won

make the 10g into a sump, refugium, or a wet/dry.

cocoa_pleco
05-20-2007, 03:16 AM
GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!! i was gonna store the 10g, but even better!

do any of the 3 (sump, refugium, wet/dry) require drilling of the 33g?

Drumachine09
05-20-2007, 03:24 AM
GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!! i was gonna store the 10g, but even better!

do any of the 3 (sump, refugium, wet/dry) require drilling of the 33g?

You dont have to drill, but i would, because an overflow box can get clogged quite easily, and dump a lot of SALTwater onto your floor. When saltwater gets on the floor and drys, you have a solid salt lump. Seen them in the lfs, and its almost impossible to get out, without using a chisle and hammer.

cocoa_pleco
05-20-2007, 03:34 AM
I might try one then!

2manyfish
05-20-2007, 09:56 AM
I PM'd you but I'd still keep the 10g as a QT.....

But no matter, I'm sure you will enjoy the bigger tank!! thumbs2:

Lady Hobbs
05-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Now i will be the only one with a nano!!!!

NorthernBoy set up a nano tank. It was a Christmas present from his wife but since we never hear from him, I don't know how it's come along.

cocoa_pleco
05-20-2007, 10:19 PM
2manyfish, thats a good idea. Incase i do get a sick saltwater fish, it's a good thing to have on hand