PDA

View Full Version : Finally got that brahma relief in the tank.

2manyfish
05-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Like the title says, I finally got around to putting that brahma relief in the 30g. Today I finally got around to taking some pics so here goes!

First pic is how the tank used to look, second pic is now...

Drumachine09
05-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Whered the urn go?

2manyfish
05-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Got to say that the main reason I took the pics today is because I'm trying to get pics of my new lionfish!! But he is on the other side of the rocks and I can't get more than his fins peeking out from the rocks!

So here's what was looking over my shoulder as I was taking some pics....

2manyfish
05-20-2007, 01:41 AM
The urn is now in the 55g with Pinky the curious one! :wink2:
Really though, it works out great because it gives the red-tailed black shark and the pleco another spot to get away from her if need be.

Hey, here's a crappy butt picture of the male 3 stripe damsel guarding his eggs on the tank glass!! Excuse the algae on the glass, I never clean the sides of the tanks or the backs either!!

Rue
05-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Looks good! You're inspiring me to step up my decorating (still soaking the damn bogwood)...

Drumachine09
05-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Looks good! You're inspiring me to step up my decorating (still soaking the damn bogwood)...

how many weeks is that now?

Rue
05-20-2007, 02:04 AM
...two I think! But I may as well keep soaking them if they're still leaching tannins...

Lady Hobbs
05-20-2007, 02:05 AM
Looks great. I love the statue but I also liked the urn.

kimmers318
05-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Rue, are you regularly switching your water out for hot or boiling water? That will speed up the leeching process for you, I have never had to soak a piece for more than a few days.

2 manyfish....looks lovely....I love the pink color on the one fish....what is it and is it naturally that color?

2manyfish
05-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks everybody!!

That one fish is Pinky, my blood parrot! Very nosy fish!! She is normally that color although when she is ready to spawn her color will get more intense. Sometimes she gets these lavender stripes on her head too. Then when the eggs are all gone (as there is no male present in the tank to fertilize them) she will get rather washed out looking for a day or two. Then it's back to her normal color!

It's kinda funny but she is the one fish I didn't buy even want to buy. I didn't really want a blood parrot but my husband really liked her and convinced me to get her. I am so glad I did!! She is my favorite fish of them all. :1luvu:

Couple more pics of her. The first is after the eggs are gone. You can see how she's kinda washed out looking. The next is how she looks a week before spawning...her coloring is getting more intense in that pic.

sushant
05-20-2007, 08:23 PM
hey ,if i'm not mistaken those are bamboo plants in in fisrt pic.they r looking really kool.but, can the survive under water?

2manyfish
05-20-2007, 11:02 PM
The bamboo are fake plants that I bought at Petsmart. I have to tell you though that I'm not quite as happy with them as before. Two of them have had their color fade out. :confused: