PDA

View Full Version : My RCS are Out to Get Me

Rhaethe
04-14-2010, 04:31 AM
I dunno what it is, but every time I get red cherry shrimp ... within a couple of days the bastages decide to molt ...

And I never see it until its already said and done and there's this little white carcass looking thing. Which then makes me (EVERY TIME) go into a slight panic ... Is it dead? What's wrong with the water? Then I look closer, and its just the molted shell.

Little bastages ... going to raise my blood pressure one of these days ...

korith
04-14-2010, 06:26 AM
I dunno what it is, but every time I get red cherry shrimp ... within a couple of days the bastages decide to molt ...

And I never see it until its already said and done and there's this little white carcass looking thing. Which then makes me (EVERY TIME) go into a slight panic ... Is it dead? What's wrong with the water? Then I look closer, and its just the molted shell.

Little bastages ... going to raise my blood pressure one of these days ...

It's a good sign that tank conditions are just right. Just part of their growing process. Also once they molted, it's a good sign they are ready to breed too. So expect to see some berried shrimp (shrimp with eggs) in the coming weeks.

You know what's worse looking in the tank and not seeing the right number of fish, making you think one died, or jumped out of the tank. But later find it hiding in plant or corner of some rock.

Sarkazmo
04-14-2010, 08:01 AM
RCS are just one item on the "To Buy" list for next month. I miss my shrimpies...

Sark