PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Teenager Betta?

Rhaethe
04-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Allrighty. So the boyfriend now has his first fishie ... a betta by the name of Joker.

Joker is vigorous and alert, but really small. Well, smaller than I've seen betta to be. I'd say he was around the size of a guppy (with extra tail).

I suspect he's not full grown, and is probably in his teenager stage.

Is there any special or specific feeding I need to arrange for him?

Currently, I have in my cabinet the following: omega brand flakes, spirulina flakes, shrimp pellets, algae wafers, micro-pellets, and bloodworms (both frozen and freeze dried). I imagine this should provide enough variety for a still growing betta ... should we feed "more" because he's still so young?

Taurus
04-13-2010, 04:00 PM
If I were Joker, I'd be more than happy with that menu. :shappy: I'd also want to be fed small portions twice per day. And please don't overfeed me because that would lead to really poor water quality causing more frequent water changes. I do have to watch my weight because if I don't, it will lead to health problems later in life. Thanks for asking.

rich311k
04-13-2010, 04:02 PM
That is a fine variety. Do not feed much at all. A flake or two is all he needs.

Rhaethe
04-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Roger that. :)

I will impress upon the boyfriend the sheer importance of not overfeeding ... even if the fishie begs.

souly
04-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Also, the betta may be small due to prior living condtiions. Bettas grow by the size of water they are in. My betta was TINY when I rescued him from the petstore cup, and he got huge in a week....