PDA

View Full Version : angel fish

falcon
05-18-2007, 09:15 AM
what other fish will go with angelfish

Lady Hobbs
05-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I have rasbora's and danio's with mine. It depends on the size of your tank, of course, and you should have about 10 gallons per angel when they reach adult-hood.....like in about 8 months. Once they start pairing off, you will probably have to start moving the pairs into smaller tanks for breeding as they get pretty dominate. I've also had silver dollars, platies, neon's, tetra's with mine and that worked out just fine. I have a larger, older angel that hates about everything so he can have nothing with him but one other juvie male.

Right now I have 7 in a 55 gallon as 6 are still young.....all are getting along great for now but this won't last long when they pick a mate. My other two are in a 20 gallon.

cocoa_pleco
05-18-2007, 04:29 PM
angels get a tad snippy at times, so some fish work well. Plecos work, and so do severums in SOME cases, and fast fish like danios, corys, rasboras, black sharks, ive had platys work with them, and im sure theres more.

RobbieG
05-18-2007, 07:45 PM
I've got my (1) angel in with a Fire Eel, a Gourami, a Tiger Botia, Some Sharks, some Corys and some Tetras

The only thing he(?) couldn't get along with was other Angels (so far)

cocoa_pleco
05-18-2007, 07:47 PM
my 2 angels are best buds. They never go more than 6 inches away form eachother

Lady Hobbs
05-18-2007, 09:11 PM
My two large ones were like that for a long time. One day it all changed, tho, and one got mean as all get out. The other stayed just as sweet and she's the reason I ended up getting more. I wish now I didn't have so many and would have been happy with just three or four.

johny87
07-14-2007, 04:11 PM
angel fishes look very good with gouramis(gold or blue) and also with trichogaster leeri,it depends of the aquarium`s size,that`s how it`s recomended to keep them because of their behaviour.they are easy to stress and should not be kept with fishes that swim fast or nocturnal fishes.i keep 2 pairs of angel fishes with some rasboras 2 plecos and a labeo bicolor and they look very happy in this comunity.

dragonslayer 71
07-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Mine is together with my discus and they get along very well the only thing is that the biggest keep on bullying the small angels so i have to transfer him to my other tank.

Lady Hobbs
07-15-2007, 04:22 AM
My silver dollars are starting to act like the angels now that I've had them together for awhile. The Dollars used to run from the angels and now are "charging" like the angels do. LOL They are confused as to what they are, I think.

TowBoater
07-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Here is whats in my tank with angels and not had a problem yet except them eating feeder guppie babies, silver dollars, green severum, cory cats, khuli loaches, rams horn snails, bamboo shrimp.

dev
07-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I have one pair of P. Scalare in my 50 gallon. I have them with

assorted corydoras sp.
ancistrus sp. (common bushymouth catfish)
apistoragramma cacatuoides (cockatoo cichlid)
hemigrammus erythrozonus (glowlight tetra)
mikrogeophagus ramirezi (german ram)
crossocheilus siamensis (siamese algea eater)

there's never been any trouble.