PDA

View Full Version : Feeding? What else should I be feeding?

HeatherB
04-12-2010, 01:07 AM
With all the fish in my sig, what else should I be feeding them?

Everyday they eat in the morning and evening. Small pinch both times. All food is gone within 5 min. What the fish don't eat the corys do, or the shrimp.

I am using Ed's Tropical fish food, the Supercolor Flakes and the Freshwater Flakes. They get a substitute feeding of either, freezedried bloodworms or shrimp once a week and occasionally ( like once a month) some tubifex worms (also freezedried). I tried sinking shrimp pellets for the corys, but they seem to prefer just scarfing up flakes that fall to the bottom.

The betta's get Ed's Betta Pellets and whenever we have peas for dinner they get some of those too( when I remember)

What else can I add to their diet? I was looking at frozen foods the other day, but wasn't sure about that-any suggestions for adding a little spice to their life??

rich311k
04-12-2010, 01:15 AM
Sounds to me like you are doing all right by them. The fish would enjoy frozen bloodworms. Your mollys would appreciate a vegtable based flake.

HeatherB
04-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Yes, I have been thinking of ordering some from Ed when his site gets back up and going!

Lab_Rat
04-12-2010, 01:26 AM
I've started feeding live foods and the fish absolutely love it. For your guys, microworms and brine shrimp would work well.

HeatherB
04-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Well, today I got some frozen brine shrimp- I popped a cube out and let it thaw- then put it in the tank. Took them a minute, but they ate it all! One whole cube- is this too much for them?

I also picked up a seaweed clip and got some seaweed algae sheet things. I've got it clipped up in thetank, but so far nobody has paid much attention to it! (Guess their full from the shrimp!)