PDA

View Full Version : Are they Guppies or PIGS!

SkarloeysMom
05-17-2007, 02:29 PM
So I have 1 male and 3 female guppies and just got a couple of Panda Corys. I've been trying to feed the Pandas a sinking algae waffer but the PIGS, I mean the guppies keep snarfling down any food I drop in the tank! So is it common for guppies to eat all the time? I'm wondering if I'm feeding them enough.

I'm not used to having this many fish. My 10g is a relatively new tank and this is the first time I've had more than 5 fish together in a tank. How much food should I be feeding?:confused:

cocoa_pleco
05-17-2007, 02:32 PM
generally just what the fish can eat within 2-3 minutes. Since i often keep lots of bottom feeders, i just plop in lots of food and let them sort it out themselves

bscman
05-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Are you feeding both at the same time?
Give the guppies flakes or whatever you feed them, and at the same time drop in the aglae wafers...

The guppies go after the flakes, the bottom feeders get the wafers.

You can try feeding them MORE food as well, but keep in mind over-feeding can foul the water!

nanaglen2001
05-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Nice try, but Guppies are like sharks...eating eating eating.

And a Guppy will eat until it explodes. Even when you try the method wafers and flakes at the same time, forget it, the wafers will be more interesting.

I know what I am talking about, I keep a tiny tank with, I dunno, 75 Endlers or so. They are not only pigs in eating manners, they are also pigs in reproducing manners:wink2:

Zerileous
05-24-2007, 09:14 AM
i second nanaglen,
they are definately reproductive masters. If you let those males and females stay togather and mate, be ready to have 30 fish a few months down the line.

i don't have any suggestions for getting food to your corys, but due to this post I will probably avoid putting some in with my guppies. I had been toying with the idea of gettig a pair, but my swarm of guppies would certainly beat them to food.