PDA

View Full Version : black moor help

oranda man
04-11-2010, 11:10 AM
hello my black moor has a white misty liquid forming over one of its eyes i have no idea what it is please help:help: :help:

chickenlady
04-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Try treating it with a anti fungal medication.

oranda man
04-11-2010, 11:46 AM
ok thankyou

oranda man
04-11-2010, 02:24 PM
:help: :ssuprised: :help: my oranda has a mucus growing on its wen (the growth on its head) and i have noticed it keeps getting the outhers fishes poop trapped in its wrinkeles so i have to tap the tank for it to move suddenly to shake it off im wooried it could turn into a fungal infection what should i do to prevent it

oranda man
04-11-2010, 03:16 PM
:help: :help: :help: please help

VoidParadigm
04-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Don't double post. I know, it's frustrating when no one replies, but we are busy outside of this forum, and eventually, it will be looked at.

How big is the tank and what other tankmates are in there?
Can you get us a picture of the mucus?

VoidParadigm
04-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I hope you didn't treat it with Anti-fungal, as it's not a fungus. It's called Cloudy Eye, and it's due to bacteria, so something like Melafix would be more adept at controlling it.

What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings?
Cloudy eye does NOT appear in healthy, properly stocked tanks.

oranda man
04-11-2010, 04:35 PM
i havent used any anti fungal yet i will use melafix and nitrate readings 5pmm

VoidParadigm
04-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Nitrates are practically irrelevant to me unless you confirm there is zero ammonia or nitrites too.

oranda man
04-11-2010, 04:38 PM
1ammonia is that alright

Lady Hobbs
04-11-2010, 04:40 PM
This is the story. Do not post identifical questions more than once. I have merged the last two into one.

Also, please post your questions in the proper forum..........like the goldfish forum?

VoidParadigm
04-11-2010, 04:51 PM
No ammonia is alright. You can't have any, you need a bigger tank for those fish NOW.
Anything smaller than a 29 gallon and you'll continue to have these problems, and possibly lose the fish. Get them in proper housing, and the problems will go away as you do water changes.

oranda man
04-11-2010, 05:02 PM
ok thank you

Lady Hobbs
04-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Excess mucus could be a sign of ammonia burns from your tank not being cycled. A few diseases can also cause excess muscus such a "velvet" that has gone too long without treatment. I've read of others that can give this symptom but can't remember them now.

I believe the best thing you can do for these fish since I am reading of cloudy eyes and other problems is to do half tank water changes daily, make sure you are using a dechlorinator and get some Tetra SafeStart or Seachems Stability in that tank since these fish are in an uncycled tank.

Also, do not even be thinking of more fish at this time or breeding those you have until you can get these fish's problems taken care of and get them into a larger tank as soon as possible.