PDA

View Full Version : 15 gallon stocking

Maestro
04-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Hey everybody, I haven't been here in a while so I thought I would return with a question. :help:

My 15 gallon currently has 1 Betta (male), 1 Zebra Danio, 1 Harlequin Rasbora, 6 Threadfin Rainbows, 1 Amano shrimp, and 5 Cherry shrimp. The Rasbora and Danio were purchased singly because they were the last of their kind in the store, and I was considering adding them anyway.

So my issue is between the Danio and Rasbora with the Threadfin Rainbows. I enjoy the Rainbows quite a lot and will be getting more, however they rarely come out of the plants because when they do, they are chased by the Danio and/or Rasbora. I am willing to return the Danio, however I do like the Rasbora. Has anybody kept a shoal of Harlequin Rasboras and Threadfin Rainbows before? How did they interact with one another?

I have reason to believe that the Rasbora is acting like this because it is alone, but the Danio would probably be just as bad if I were to get more. I would have liked to have a a shoal of Rasboras and Rainbows, however if I get any bad feedback on their interactions, I will part with the Rasbora as well.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your insight.

:22:

Northernguy
04-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Welcome back!:22:
Yes they like to be in schools.
Here is a link.
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/rainbowfish/threadfin.php

Maestro
04-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the reply northernguy, that link is great! I read in the link that Threadfins are best in a species tank or with other Rainbows. So as of now I will return the Danio and Rasbora and rehouse the Betta tomorrow afternoon.

However, I am still looking for a response regarding someones experience in having Harlequin Rasboras and Threadfin Rainbows together. I would prefer to keep them together, however if it's not recommended the Rasbora will be returned tomorrow...