PDA

View Full Version : Bubble forming and a bubble poper

Jermy
05-16-2007, 05:31 PM
I dont think its a problem cause the goldfish seems healthy and the tank is still clean as a whistle, but i have bubbles forming around the edges of the tank and near the filter. i did about a 10% water change the other day and it helped a little. its not completely over the top, but just a ring around the edges.

the only real problem i have is the the goldfish is constantly poping the bubbles and i dont allways realize its him. i just hear clicking noises and i think its my computer or someones around me and idk it.

so yea, are the bubles just there and thats final? or are they there for a reason?

frizzlefish
05-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Could it be soap bubbles? Have you washed anything that you put in the tank, or the tank itself with soap? Maybe it wasn't rinsed completely?

Jermy
05-16-2007, 09:17 PM
unfotunatley that is impossible.. :-\
for some reason common sense didnt kick in and never washed anything down really good.. wiped off the dust and put in the tank.

frizzlefish
05-16-2007, 11:20 PM
The dust from what? Was the "stuff" in storage for while? Out in the open for some sort of chemicals to settle on it?

That's the only thing I can think it may be.

Drumachine09
05-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Do you have an airstone? Could be an "accidental protein skimmer" to quote fishguy2727.

gm72
05-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Brush the bubbles off with your hand. Do they reappear over time?