PDA

View Full Version : java moss

sebastien
04-07-2010, 04:04 AM
miscatagorized? setting up a shrimp tank and was wondering how long i should let the plants sit before adding shrimp??

HeatherB
04-07-2010, 06:13 PM
You don't really need to let plants 'sit'.... however shrimp are sensitive to water quality and need a cycled tank. Is your tank cycled?

troy
04-08-2010, 12:50 AM
What species of shrimp are you going to keep? Most of the dwarf freshwater shrimp such as red cherry shrimp need an established tank. They
need the biofilm that grows in a tank to feed on.

sebastien
04-08-2010, 01:59 AM
the tanks been running for 2days..i put in java moss and also anacharis(?)..and the species would be cherry shrimp...providing i go that route.

troy
04-08-2010, 02:45 AM
You need to cycle the tank first. You should read this. http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

troy
04-21-2010, 11:21 PM
if you want to cycle the tank you should use (Seachem stability) which do a very good job for newly setup tank.

Cherry shrimps are very hardy, and I have put them in a new tank, new water and they still survive and doing very well.

sometime if i want a faster cycle for the new tank, I use old cycle tank water, and put it into the new one. this will help the cycle faster.

hope this help

You should not put shrimp in an uncyled tank. Old tank water doesn't help a new tank cycle.