PDA

View Full Version : Oscars

DemonShark
04-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Im hopping of getting an oscar maybe next month but I need really good info on them is ther any small kind of oscars thatll fit in my 10 gallon tank when an adult? :roll: cause i dont know

William
04-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Sorry to say it but no. There ar several species of oscars but all grow large. Also 99.9% of all oscar fish you find in the trade belong to the same species.

Full3R
04-18-2006, 08:01 AM
Although, unless im doin sumthing wrong an oscar wont grow TOO fast so you may be able to keep a small juvenile Oscar in a 10 gallon, but i highly reccomend that it go to a bigger aquarium once it gets larger, I have three oscars, one 8 inch, one 5 inch, one 3 inch, the 5 and 8 inch are with a severum and they are in a 17 gallon tank, the reason i kept my 8 inch there is he only has one eye and finds it hard to catch fish in larger areas so when he gets to big ill move him up, i have a 3 inch red tiger oscar with a barramundi, 1 salmon tailed catfish, 2 blue gouramis and a white gourami, i wouldnt reccomend keepings oscars with gouramis but mine do fine