PDA

View Full Version : Power failure for a few days or so

HorrorShowRot
03-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Allright so the power companies doing somthing and I will not have power for the next week roughly will my flowerhorn be ok did a waterchange yesterday hes about 6 inches theres a pleco and a bushy nose pleco reg plecs about 6 inches bushys maybe 2. I got surface agitation by a fan sure it will evaporate faster but I can get new water. How long before my tank will be a toxic mess:(

Northernguy
03-31-2010, 10:46 PM
You can remove water from the tank and pour it back in through your HOB filter a couple of times a day or more.
Your canister filter will lose its cycle.
Can you set up any alternate energy.A battery and a power inverter will work.A generator is your best bet.

I don't understand how they can shut you down for a week.Thats not legal.

AmyLynn
04-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Are you sure they aren't just shutting you down for a few hours each day to work? Seems incredibly illegal for them to just kill your power for a week.

You say you can get new water? Could you get enough to do a partial water change at some point?

HorrorShowRot
04-01-2010, 05:15 AM
XD Well I came home today and the power was on so I think the guy just messed up his words. Gave me a little scare. But last summer I had a really bad power outage was 4 and 3/4s days and nights. All I did was water changes every day about 10 percent. Anywho I think i should start bringing home the generator I have up north probly can run my HOB or canister plus its a solar one so im good duringthe day and at nightit shud have enough juice tokeep going thanks guys:)

AmyLynn
04-02-2010, 02:11 AM
Glad to hear that. I would definitely be bringing home that generator.

Piscine
04-02-2010, 01:58 PM
I hate power outages.

If you do run a generator, make damn sure you don't back feed the power lines.

Your generator will likely burn up, and you run the risk of executing a lineman who hasn't properly grounded the lines he's working on..