PDA

View Full Version : My amazon sword, Is this normal?

octoxpuss
03-31-2010, 01:09 AM
I have a huge amazon swoard and it sent of a stem with a baby amazon word on it. Now this stem got so long that it is actually going out of the ater anymore. My water is all the way at the top of my aquarium too (55 gallon) Will the baby amazon sword live or no. I want it to live and if it is unable to live what can i do to make i live or stay below water level.

kennedpa
03-31-2010, 01:17 AM
Totally normal..... Just try to wedge the runners under the water, you could even plant one of the pups in to the substrate if they have roots on em, I have done that many times without any problems. My Amazons have grown out of the water and my tank is 2ft deep, the parts of the leaves that are out the water seem to be green and healthy.

octoxpuss
03-31-2010, 01:19 AM
I really do not see to many roots maybe a little one but i will just have to try and find a way to wedge it. Do you know if they get flowers or not. Believe this one or not my angelifhs are actually cleaning a leaf on which i think they are going to breed upon. Ha.That would be cool. Thanks for helping me out.

rich311k
03-31-2010, 01:30 AM
If you let it grow out of the water it will flower. Plantlets will still form at the flowers. Let it grow it is something to see.

Sarkazmo
03-31-2010, 03:51 AM
I have a small sword that currently has six or seven stems going to the surface with one leaf each. Will these single leaves turn into plantlets?

Sark