PDA

View Full Version : Got a new Betta!

SkarloeysMom
05-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Happy Mother's Day to me! I got myself a new baby. He's a pretty little crowntail betta. He's happily blowing a big bubble nest already in 2.5g tank. I broke it down and totally cleaned it and cycled it and it looks great! I've got a lot of names to choose from, Flack is my first choice. My brother said I should name him Fray and my DH says Frazzle. Hmmmm...I'll settle on one soon I guess. I just love my new betta!:1luvu:

SkarloeysMom
05-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Here's some pics!

Willyleigh
05-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Great looking fish, I got a red crowntail myself yesterday, beautiful fish.

Drumachine09
05-13-2007, 06:59 PM
I love how his finnage is REALLY bright red. Name him ketchup, cause hes red!

Rue
05-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Very pretty.

My first CT hurt himself somehow and passed away after a valiant effort to heal up...

...my second CT (Mr. CT II), who I've had for a week and a half...won't come out of hiding...but other than that he's healthy...

gm72
05-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow, beautiful fish! Great choice!

SkarloeysMom
05-13-2007, 07:35 PM

Ketchup!! LOL! That's on the list! I love that name.:19:

SkarloeysMom
05-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Very pretty.

My first CT hurt himself somehow and passed away after a valiant effort to heal up...

...my second CT (Mr. CT II), who I've had for a week and a half...won't come out of hiding...but other than that he's healthy...

Rue, Sorry about Mr. CT I. Hope Mr. CT II comes out to say hi soon. They are such beautiful fish.

Tails
05-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I second Ketchup!!! :D

Awww thats the colour I always wanted (though I wouldnt trade mine in for the world!!)

*sigh* I wish mine would make a bubble nest.... :( Do you have any floating plants or plants that reach the surface in your tank? Maybe a 15gallon is too big for mine to want to make a bubble nest in?

Oh, and PLEASE tell me your secrets to taking such beautiful pics of your betta!!! I have the Fuji FinePix S5500 and I cannot manage a decent photo :(

Tails
05-15-2007, 09:46 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i JUST found that he's made his first bubble nest!!!!!! Weeeeee *does happy dance!!!* (and i dont have any floating plants yet which I thought he was waiting for)

SkarloeysMom
05-15-2007, 06:45 PM
I second Ketchup!!! :D

Oh, and PLEASE tell me your secrets to taking such beautiful pics of your betta!!! I have the Fuji FinePix S5500 and I cannot manage a decent photo :(

I have a Canon PowerShot SD630. My brother shot those pics. I think he just used the AUTO setting. I tried it and got a few myself but not as good as the ones my brother took.

riverfish81
05-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Oh, he is beautimous!!

Tails
05-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Haha oh well, I guess I just gotta keep shooting lol So much for Betta's being slow fish, mine is speedy ...esp when I bring the camera out haha!

SkarloeysMom
05-28-2007, 02:42 PM

Well, my new betta is still kicking so its time to give him a name! And the winnner is........Ketchup! Everyone here just loves that name! Thanks for the great idea Drumachine! If I could figure out how to give a prize I'd give you one but I don't think I have enough points banked yet.