PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

BiGBlak
03-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Im Cycling my tank right now and got some ornaments( fake wood ones) and a bunch of fake plants that im thinking about replacing.
Question 1.) I wanna add some type of stone in my tank from either texas holey rock( if i can get a good deal on them) to lace rock for cichlids. Is it ok to add the rocks in when my cycle is done and i have to do a drastic water change ?
Question 2.) What do you guys feel on black foam board compared to the black paper backgrounds that petco and LFS have ? Would that be a better addition? and what would be the best way to apply to the back of my aquarium ? thnks

rich311k
03-24-2010, 07:33 PM
1. Add the rocks wheenever you want.

2. I use black foam board and just tape it on. Painting the back of the tank works very well.

BiGBlak
03-24-2010, 07:40 PM
1. Add the rocks wheenever you want.

2. I use black foam board and just tape it on. Painting the back of the tank works very well.
ok i was thinking it may do something ti the bacteria if i just switched it . cant really paint the back of my tank because its close to the wall.

BiGBlak
03-24-2010, 07:41 PM
where can i get the black foam board in a big enough piece where i can cut however much i need ? on amazon the sell them in packs of one size

rich311k
03-24-2010, 07:45 PM
I bought mine at a dollar store.