PDA

View Full Version : Boesemani Rainbow scrap

Charlie123
03-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Hi all, newbie to forums here :D
Im newish to fish keeping, i know what im doing with all my other fish but im a little confused with the group of 5 boesemani rainbows i bought yesterday, 1 is a boy and 2 look like there going to be female and the other 2 i dont know, but about 30mins ago after feeding time i noticed the male and one of the females have a good little scrap in corner until i moved infront of the take which distracted them and they stopped.

Is this normal for them to have sparring sessions or is something wrong.

rich311k
03-23-2010, 08:18 PM
They can be ranbunctious and they will chase each other around. Mine have never done any real damage to each other.

J Pribb
03-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Ditto,, the bosie's will color up and nose to tail push each other around alot,, espically in the morning.

Northernguy
03-28-2010, 01:06 AM
Welcome to the AC!
They can be pretty nippy little buggers.

Lady Hobbs
03-28-2010, 02:02 PM
If anyones boesemani fight, it should be mine. I have 7 males and 1 female. And they don't fight at all. Strange, huh?

Zilla
03-28-2010, 03:24 PM
If anyones boesemani fight, it should be mine. I have 7 males and 1 female. And they don't fight at all. Strange, huh?

I could be wrong, but you Bow tank is on the more heavily planted side, right? If so, I wonder if that has something to do with the lack of scrappiness?

Mine have been going through a growing spurt lately. For the longest time they were runts and now all of them have some beefiness to them and their colors are popping.

My male Turquoise has been instigator lately, but the level of being scrappy has declined some. They're not as bad as they were a couple of weeks ago. I guess growing uses up alot of energy. LOL