PDA

View Full Version : New Additions

labnjab
03-22-2010, 02:35 PM
We picked up a mated pair of yellow corris wrasses over the weekend. They burrowed in the sand last night but the male (i think its the male) has come out this morning and I got a good picture. I'll try and get the female once she comes out from hiding

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/jabsgirlforever/100_1769.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/jabsgirlforever/100_1770.jpg

Northernguy
03-22-2010, 02:37 PM
That sure is a nice tank!thumbs2:
Great fish pics too!

labnjab
03-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Thank you very much.

It was actually the female that was out this morning. Now their both out and the male is roughly an inch longer then the female

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/jabsgirlforever/100_1771.jpg

Red
03-22-2010, 04:36 PM
very nice wrassles!

labnjab
03-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Thank you red.

Our @$*(%@# hawkfish is still bullying them today. He's chased them into hiding again. Looks like I'm going to try to catch him and sentence him to a few days in solitary confinement in the sump.

labnjab
03-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Well we lost one already:scry: I came home from work and it was in a feeding cup that was on the tanks crossmember. The hawkfish must have chased him out. I put an eggcrate top on and placed a trap in the tank to catch the hawk and give him away. Once he's gone I'm going to take the top off because it significantly reduces the output of the light, enough that it may effect sps that are on the sandbed

Northernguy
03-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Thats too bad.
I hate having fish with that attitude.It just seems like a waste of space when one fish limits your stocking.

sheamurai
03-22-2010, 11:44 PM
ah that sucks lab. Too bad about the wrasse - to lose one from a mated pair is so grrrring, especially when its to bullying...

EmmanuelJB
03-22-2010, 11:48 PM
They are beautiful!! Very Nice Pictures! thumbs2:

UnknownFish
03-23-2010, 10:51 PM
I bought a yellowtail tamarin wrasse a few weeks ago, it was doing great for about a week then I came home from work one day and it was sucked up to a powerhead. I found my sixline wrasse in the overflow last week, these wrasse's love to jump.

travie
03-23-2010, 11:05 PM
I bought a yellowtail tamarin wrasse a few weeks ago, it was doing great for about a week then I came home from work one day and it was sucked up to a powerhead. I found my sixline wrasse in the overflow last week, these wrasse's love to jump.

I wouldn't say they love to jump, chances are they were getting harassed by another fish.

Sorry to hear about the lost, labnjab, especially since it was a mated pair. Should we start a "out with the Hawk" campaign?

UnknownFish
03-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Everyone I know has a problem with most wrasse's jumping out of their tanks, it even says in most books that wrasse's are known to jump.

labnjab
03-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Thank you everyone. The male is still around. We now have an eggcrate top which significantly reduces the light output from the halides, but keeps the fish in. I'm picking up some clear plastic screen Thursday to make a screen top which doesn't block much light and is even better at keeping fish in then eggcrate it.

Should we start a "out with the Hawk" campaign?

Yes, lol. I can't catch the guy and he won't go near our trap. I really want to get him out so I can get another female soon